Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just a reminder...

I have had a hard time with the thought of Brendan going to kindergarten this year. I think I go through this everytime I send a kid to school, I think it is normal. But I really do enjoy him being home with me.



Just before his birthday, I asked him if he would just stay 4 because I always told him he was my favorite 4 year old. Of course, he said he would just have to be my favorite 5 year old. I guess I just have to accept that he is growing up.




But when you see them like this...




...you can't help but think that they are still little.


Now my older boys have definitly moved beyond anything that could be classified as a little kid. However, when your 9 year old asks if he can borrow your old purse, fills it with various treasures, and sets up some fortress in the toy kitchen, that provides entertainment for hours, you can't help but think they are still just kids.




Of course, the bubble is quickly burst when you find this on your fridge...




...gone are the days when they just spelled "cat" or "mom" with the magnetic alphabet.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

LOL. I feel your pain. Kids grow up too fast. Your refrigerator magnets are too funny.

Keeler Klan said...

That is such a great post. I'm having i really hard time letting Noah go too! :( *sigh* If only we could freeze them...

-Amberly

emcghee said...

That was a great post. . . totally get not wanting them to turn the next year older on their birthday, I ask mine the same thing, if they'll just stay the same age (or get younger!)

thecustercrew said...

You gotta love the way boys minds work. I would probably find the word fart on my fridge:) Boys, boys, boys.