Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Family Affair



We were able to have our family together for Emery's blessing. It is so nice to have family that will travel to come and support us. It was nice to have everybody together to enjoy a good meal, play a little Wii, visit, and just relax.

(Our attempt to try to get a family picture- how does anyone ever do that? We were in too much of a rush before church and everyone was not cooperative after. I guess at least we attempted!)


After the blessing, the kids and I headed to Utah to spend the week at my parents and go to a family reunion for the Lusty's. It was nice to have a change of scenery. We really didn't go anywhere, but the weather was much cooler and the kids could at least go outside and play.

Reunion- Payson, Utah
August 7-8th, 2009




One of my kids favorite things about the reunion is the giveaway. Everyone brings things they made, gathered from around their house, or bought. We draw names and everyone gets to pick things to take home. The first time Hailey's name was drawn, she picked cars. There were girl things on the table, but that was all she wanted and was so excited. Really, cause we don't have enough of those. The day was a lot of fun and it was nice to see everyone.

4 comments:

goldmania said...

we missed ya at the reunion but glad you had a fun time at yours. how did i not see you on the 24th to hold that cute baby??? :)

Rebecca said...

I love Emery's blessing gown. Also, may I say how brave you are to drive up to Utah for a vacation on your own with five kids??? I haven't even had the guts to venture to the grocery store with my five yet.

Lara said...

I love that Rylee and Emery share the same blessing day..along with 3 other babies, but anyway, she looked adorable and sorry I didn't get a chance to come say hi. Hope to see you this Sunday!

Connie said...

Sorry I missed seeing you and yours - thanks for including a picture of J. Sounds like quite a party.