Sunday, May 17, 2009

Swimming with the Sharks... well dolphins anyway


Dolphin Habitat and Secret Garden


Last week, I got to go with Brendan on another preschool field trip. It's always great fun despite the fact that it was really hot and we had to walk quite aways (I really felt that the next day). We went to the Dolphin Habitat and the Secret Garden at the Mirage.


It was kind of fascinating to watch the Dolphins. We were able to watch them from above and below the water.


The Secret Garden

Tigers...

...more tigers...

...and lions
It was really hot and most of the animals were sleeping so after seeing a few Brendan asked if I would just sit down on a bench with him and wait until everyone else was done looking. I was more than willing to oblige him. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed getting to spend some one on one time with him.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Cute pictures. See. Living in Vegas IS fun! ;)

Ginger said...

Same thing happened to us at the San Diego Zoo. Seems like when it's hot, animals are always hiding, so it's not too exciting of a trip.

Samantha said...

One time when we went there, one of the tigers actually "stalked" Conner! The tiger followed Conner in a crouched, pounce like posture, while Conner walked back and forth in front of its enclosure. No wonder Roy (or was it Siegfried) was almost eaten by one of them!

Rebecca said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I've never been down there. I bet the kids would love it. Brendan looks like he had a good time.

Janette said...

I love the pic of the two of you sitting on the bench ... you always look beautiful, but that's an especially good pic of you!

Unguren said...

Now that I have seen the pictures I don't need to go right?!