Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Something I never thought I would do!!

When I was a kid I never, ever liked buzz haircuts. I always swore I would never let my kids have them. Maybe it was because I remember one time when my Dad took my little brother to the beauty college and got him buzzed. They did a terrible job and he had knicks and stuff all over his hair. Plus he has a big cowlick in the front of his hair and it just looked terrible. (Sorry, Nick, that's how I remember it). I think there are many people and kids who look just fine with them, maybe even cute. I still just haven't ever wanted them for my boys. But Carter has been asking if he could have a buzz for awhile. He said he just likes to try different hairstyles and wanted to know what it would look like. I finally gave in, I didn't cut is as short as a real buzz, but I still did it. I don't think he looks bad with it, but I still don't think it's my favorite. He is enjoying not having his hair combed so much though that I don't know if he is going to want anything else for awhile.
The end result!!

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

Buzzes are certainly easy to do, no combing. For the longest time Jordan liked that haircut for that reason. Now he doesn't want it anymore although I always have to threaten I'll buzz it if he doesn't keep it combed. That seems to at least make him tame it a little.

Rebecca said...

I've never been fond of that hairstyle either, but it doesn't look bad on him. You know, at least he's not insisting on a mohawk and tattoos, right?

emcghee said...

I have always liked Buzzes. I wish Coop would try one, his hair is out of control. It's as long as mine. But thats how he wants it. I think Carter's hair looks great, especially for summer!

Jaime Lynne said...

I think they look very handsome with their buzz cuts. Just don't show up to primary with a buzz cut on your own head. That's too much! :)