Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A visit to Grandpa's and Grandma's

For months, we have been planning on going to visit my parents, in Utah, while the boys were on track break. We finally were able to go last week. Corey was planning on going with us, but has had too much work to do. Then he was planning a business trip to Denver- we thought this would be perfect because I could drive up and then he could just fly into Salt Lake and drive us home. That was the plan until I left and his trip was cancelled. Oh well, we still had fun without him.

My kids love to go visit at my parents house-My Dad has to take a lot of time off at the end of the year so he was able to spend the whole time with us. Hailey especially loved that; she tends to take him hostage whenever he is around and doesn't let him out of her sight.

My nephew, Dane, had his 6th birthday while we were there and we were lucky enough to celebrate with him. He chose to have pancakes at Village Inn and then go bowling. My kids were really on board with that idea- they think they have to go bowling everytime we go up there.


Pancake lunch at Village Inn


James and Hailey-it was a real team effort!


There was a lot of discussion, planning, and celebrating between frames (not really about bowling, more about Star Wars than anything else)

The next day there was a major snow storm-my kids were absolutely thrilled-me not so much-but I was glad they got to play in it while we were there-they even got to go sledding with some kids from the neighborhood. They were freezing cold, but it was entirely worth it.

We made the drive home yesterday, the weather was fine until after Cedar City (it was crazy-it is usually just the opposite)and then it rained and snowed the whole rest of the way. It was even snowing in the Gorge and at the Valley of Fire. It really was bizarre. We made it safe and sound and everyone is already complaining about having to come home. I just can't compete with snow, bowling, and grandparents. (And having a slide in your basement does tend to throw the odds just a little-really I can't compete with that)!

A side note...

Corey was not totally unproductive with his time alone at home. He did a little shopping and finally purchased a new t.v.. He has been researching, discussing, planning this forever. I really never thought he would actually do it. Merry Christmas to himself!! But we also had to get a new entertainment center to fit the the t.v. so if anyone is in need of a entertainment center...

This is free to a good or really any home...

It has tons of storage and was actually built by my brother-in-law. But as a warning it is solid and takes 4-5 men to move it. I tried to convince Corey to move it upstairs to the toy room- but he looked at me like I was crazy to even think of moving it up the stairs, whatever!
Just let me know if you are interested!

7 comments:

Kimber said...

How fun... let's see some pictures of the new TV and entertainment center!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a great trip!!! It's amazing how little girls can wrap their grandpas around their little fingers, huh? My girls have their grandpas wrapped around theirs - especially Sariah. Hey, if you're still looking to get rid of the entertainment center, let me know. I've been looking for something for my family room for a while.

thecustercrew said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun. We went out yesterday in search of snow in the valley. We actually found about 1-2 inches over by butterfly park. The boys were in heaven (until they got cold).
Your boys are really excited about the new tv and entertainment ctr. Thats all they talked about when I took them to cub scouts

Connie said...

*tosses hair*
I see you failed to mention another horrifying bowling defeat ... but let's be honest: I'm not nearly as good without the lane bumpers and you'd probably be better with your magic pink ball. Much love!

Unguren said...

I love Hailey's hair like that! It is so cute. Maybe one day when Laney is 18 I will be able to do that to hers.

I was wondering how long is was going to take Corey to buy a new TV. Your just trying to keep up with the Ungurens huh?! Just Kidding! I can't wait to see the TV and bask in it's clarity beauty.

goldmania said...

Hey, my mom said she really wants it. :) Really. Favorite aunt and all. :) I'll just have her call ya.

Kim said...

Your kids are getting so big!!!