Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Poor, deprived little children

When we first moved here and I only had two kids, I did a lot with them during the day. We did a lot of classes at the rec center, went swimming, picnics at the park. We also lived pretty close to a library and went there quite a bit for story time and to check out books. Well, fast forward several years and add two more kids, we don't really do as much. The other day the kids were out of school for a couple of days so I decided that we would take a trip to the library. I felt really bad when Brendan asked what it was!! In my defense, we just don't have one very close anymore and we do have a lot of books at home. My kids do get read to. They all had such a good time- the two little ones were just fascinated with how many books were there. Hailey has not parted with the book she picked out. Once they had what we wanted, we picked up some doughnuts and headed home. Of course, we will have to keep going cause we will have to return the books we got. And I won't feel quite as bad about not doing those things with them!! My poor, neglected children.

5 comments:

Unguren said...

I am pretty sure my kids could join the league of deprived children.

Rebecca said...

The only reason my kids go is because Ryan takes them. The only problem is that the books from the library don't actually get read, while the books at home do. I love the doughnut pictures.

thecustercrew said...

We'll have to do some organized outings when we are on track break. I'm like you. We used to do a lot more. I think the more kids you get the less you seem to do. I think I figured out why. LAUNDRY!!!!!! It takes up all of our time.

Chrissy said...

Me too! Maybe I will have to take a trip to the library, so my kids don't grow up saying that their mom NEVER EVER took them!!:)

Samantha said...

Lindsey, I heard about your new calling! Good Luck!