Friday, July 25, 2008

Part 3 (The Final Installment)!

Day:3
Palm Springs, California
Swim, eat, swim, etc.

When we started day 3, we were all pretty tired from the days before, and some of us ( mostly me) were really feeling the affects of our sunburns. So, we decided to kind of take it easy. We went swimming, nursed our sunburns, and went out to lunch. My kids love to eat at Olive Garden, so that's where we went. We were not familiar with the area at all, so we also decided to drive around and see what was there. We went back to the condo, swam some more, and then BBQ'd for dinner. Not too exciting, but still a good day.


Day 4:

Swimming
Golfing
Palm Springs Aerial Tram


Day 4 started as kind of a lazy day too. Corey and his Dad got up early to go golfing, and the rest of us took it easy. We went down to the pool and stayed there until lunch. We decided we would go and ride the tram. This is no ordinary tram though, it goes from an elevation of like 2600 ft. to 8000 ft ( I can't remember the exact numbers, my brochure disappeared) in a matter of ten minutes. The tempature literally dropped 40 degrees from the bottom to the top. You go from this barren desert to gorgeous mountains. The view is amazing, but the ride was a little terrifying.

This is the tram car. I forgot to mention that it rotates as you climb ( this only made it even scarier).



It's little hard to tell, but this shows how high you actually climb



Can you find our van way down there in the parking lot?



I made the mistake of giving the camera to Corey for the ride up, and he unfortunatley managed to capture my look of terror ( thanks for that)! But the kids really enjoyed it and thought it was so cool!




Once you get to the top, of course, the view is amazing, and there are hiking trails. The kids loved being able to run around and enjoy the cool weather. It really was quite an amazing experience.

This is the view from the top




Day 5:

Another lazy morning (isn't that what vacations are for?). Corey took the kids swimming and then we went to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen ( I realize that we ate at places we could eat at here, but what can I say, we like what we like). Then we went to see Kung Fu Panda. We all really liked the movie and I wish I would have taken a picture of the theater; it was so nice, there were only like 50 seats in the whole room, great big chairs with so much space all around them. That made the movie even better. After the movie, we did a little more swimming and enjoyed our last night of vacation.


Day 6:

The last day was quite uneventful. Checkout time was noon, so we took our time getting packed up. The ride home was a little more eventful than the ride there with Hailey and Brendan both throwing up, you gotta love that. Then once everyone was cleaned up we were on our way again; we made one more pit stop in Barstow for lunch and a little shopping at the outlets, then made our way home and back to reality. It's always hard to come home and so nice at the same time. We all had a good time ( I hope Corey's parents did as well, we enjoyed having them along) and hopefully created some fun memories along the way!

4 comments:

debbie said...

Your vacation sounds great. We were in So. Cal at the same time. We could have met up at the beach. I agree with the tram ride. A little scary but great at the top. I should take my kids up there again. They were little when we did it last.

Ginger said...

That picture of your face is priceless Lindsey!

Tammy said...

You are alot braver than I am. You would have to give me a sedative to get in that tram. Twenty years ago I would have loved it but now, no way.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey, You totally should have called me. Chet works in Palm Springs 2 times a week. We only live like an hour from there. Next time you must call me when you are in so cal.
Your boys are HUGE!!
Love
Pam