Friday, May 2, 2008

Week in Review



Honor Roll Students!


Kayden and Carter have always have done really well in school. I never have to worry about them;they always get their work done and behave really well, so it didn't surprise me when they came home with these certificates, but I was still really proud of them. Way to go boys!





Brendan had his last day of preschool on Tuesday. I'm not sure who is more sad about that. He has loved it and it was great for me being able to run errands, grocery shop, and all that stuff with just one child. It's amazing how much faster I can do all that without kids





To celebrate their last day, his class made costumes and instruments. They paraded into the park and we all had a picnic lunch together. His favorite part of all this was that I packed his lunch in Carter's Transformers lunch box, he didn't let go of it the whole time we were there.



Another Funny Thing...
One of Brendan's friends told him, earlier this week, that he had gotten and Ironman toy from Burger King. So,of course, everyday he has asked me if he could get one. How my kids really even know about this movie I'm not sure- especially since they won't even be able to see it. But regardless, they are excited about it. When Brendan woke up yesterday, he came and told me that he had a good dream- that he had gone to Burger King and got a Iron Mongre (this is the villian- I think?) toy and that Carter had gotten Ironman. Later we were sitting in the van, waiting for the boys afterschool, and he asks again if he can go get a toy. I told him I didn't think we could do it that night and he responds, "but Mom, it was in my dream." How do you say no to that? So, we went to Burger King last night, except Brendan got Ironman and Carter got the Iron Mongre.

Crayon Disaster of 2008
I was doing a load of laundry on Wednesday night and went to open up the dryer and found a whole bunch of crayons melted all over inside. I just stood there, I had no idea how to get that out. A few minutes later, I went and told Corey about it and he printed me a list of remedies he found on google. Thanks to that list, I was able to save nearly the whole load. The only things that are a total loss are mine ( of course). My white cap-sleeved tee, which is essentail and my Race for a Cure t-shirt, which I will be wearing as I walk on Saturday with bright orange spots all over it. Apparently that must be the hardest color to get out.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I can't believe the whole crayon incident! Right after Sydnee was born, Wyatt decided to take a blue crayon and color all over the walls and closet door. I still haven't had the time or energy to clean it off. And truth be told, I always have in the back of my mind that we are just renting, so I don't have much motivation. Congrats to Kayden and Carter! I don't think I have ever seen Carter's hair that long before! Going for a new look are we?

Melissa said...

That was totally Brayden that told him about the Ironman toy isn't it?!?! HA HA!! He was so excited about it, but he too has never seen the movie or anything about it, so I too have wondered how/why he is so interested in it. Sorry you had to take them to BK, Patrick took Brayden one night while I was gone. At least such a dumb little toy can make them so excited!

Amber said...

I HATE crayons in the dryer! Good job getting most of them out. I can't believe how big your kids are getting!