Friday, May 23, 2008

The Battle Scene


This is my toy room on a good day-there are a few things out-but obviously nothing major...






...however, this is more the state of the room lately. Now I realize that it is a toy room and it is suppose to be messy, but this is a little much. I am a self-admitted clean-freak andI really have gotten good at letting it go, especially since it is upstairs and out of the way, but this really has been a regular thing and the worse part is that this is...



...this is the guilty party in all this. Now I would expect some mess from my two little kids, they do their fair share of the mess, but definetly not to the same scale as Carter. He rearranges furniture, lines up all the toy buckets, everything. He has to pretend his creations are ships, boats, or whatever his imagination dreams of. None of this would really be a big deal if he were also willing to clean up, but he puts up the most fuss about it. The once or twice a week clean up becomes a major battle-screaming, yelling, fits on the floor, it is not pretty. I guess that is the price you pay for creativity!




3 comments:

Amber said...

What a great playroom! I'm debating what to do in our new house with toys- do I really scale down the amount of toys and let each kid keep some in their room? If I do this then the downstairs bedroom gets to be a guest/craft/MY ROOM. Or do we make that downstairs room a toy room which will never be clean enough that the kids want to play in it?

Lindsey F. said...

I always loved Carter's imagination!! I'm glad to see he's still got it! Aaron and I were just talking the other day about how funny he was when you had to guess who he was every day and then call him the right name! I love it!

Kim said...

Thats my Collin! He loves to play and have tons of fun in the toy room and likes to destroy his room! He also puts up the BIGGEST fit about cleaning up! He tells me," No, Mom, Jade can do it"!