Growing up, it was always kind of a tradition to have a big Sunday dinner. Roast, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and jello. I've kind of continued that with my family, we don't do it every single week, but most of the time. For one thing a roast is pretty easy to do and all my kids eat it. That's always a bonus when they will all eat without complaining. But we also had caramel popcorn on Sundays and so I try to do that some too. We also don't do this every week, but my kids all love it when we do. Except Kayden, who does not like anything ooey,gooey, chewy, or anything similar (whose kid is he anyway?).
Obviously, you can tell Hailey is super excited!
Carter and Brendan also love it (although, they were a little distracted for pictures, they were watching Indiana Jones, edited, of course, to prevent nightmares).
Kayden enjoying his plain popcorn (really, he is enjoying it, I don't get it, but I guess he'll be healthier than the rest of us).
6 comments:
What a good mom you are. I think we had PB sandwiches and apples on Sunday. Jk sounds like fun. Yeah, your kid is crazy for not liking caramel popcorn. You must be so worried. :)
I'm with Kayden, but Nick is with the rest of you. Caramel popcorn is so special that he gets it on his birthdays.
How funny that you did the same things as we did as kids. We would either have carmel corn or homemade milk shakes. Now I am going to have to make popcorn!!! Do you have and air popper or do you use microwaved popcorn????
You definetly have to use air popped corn- I don't think it would be as good otherwise.
Share the recipe please!!
Sounds yummy. As Heidi said we used to have the same things growing up. A big meal for lunch/early dinner and then dad would make carmel popcorn and homemade milkshakes in the summer and postum and toast in the winter. good memories.
Post a Comment