Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

This morning , Hailey woke up at about 6:45- which is really unusual for her- I generally have to wake her up to get her ready for church. Nobody else was up except me, so I brought her into my room to rock her. As she was cuddling with me, I was thinking about how grateful I am to be a mom. I have more and more moments like that throughout the day- my kids will do or say something funny- I'll think about how lucky I am to be able to see them grow. That I get to stay home with them and not miss out on all the little things they do. Being that it is Mother's Day- maybe I was feeling a little more sentimental than usual, but I am truly blessed to have four wonderful children.

We have to be to church by 9:00 on Sundays, so we don't usually stop and cook breakfast because we are always scrambling to get everybody ready and out the door, but Kayden really wanted to cook me breakfast. So he and Corey got up and made scrambled eggs and cinnamon rolls. Carter wanted to have flowers for me on the table, but since we didn't have any he got the idea to make some out of his K-nex and put them all in a pink bucket. I thought that was so clever and so sweet of him. And amazingly we even made it to church on time. While we were sitting there Carter got out the hymn book and bookmarked all the songs we would be singing so they would be easy for me to find. Also so sweet! Last week, I sunburned my arms and they are peeling, Kayden was sittting next to me on the bench, I felt him start to peel my arms- so of course I told him that it wasn't the best thing for him to do in church- he looks at me and says "okay, I'll peel them for you after church, it is Mother's Day, you know!" What more could a mother ask for!

So, if that wasn't enough, Corey cooked dinner, he and the kids did all the clean up, and he made me angel food cake (my favorite)! And (yes, it gets better) he even took me out last night and we went shopping the whole time, he was glad to do it even though that is his least favorite thing to do and we enjoyed a long dinner at Cheesecake Factory without our kids. It really was a good Mother's Day!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey I had peeling arms from a sunburn at church today too!
Glad you had a good mother's day!

Kimber said...

Wow, I'm speechless. Very sweet.

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Very cute!!

Amber said...

Sounds great! I'm jealous.

Angela said...

Boy were you spoiled! Carter's idea with the flowers was so cute and creative. I agree that Sydnee's dress was so cute. Hmmmm I wonder why you like it so much. Enterprise was nice. You are always missed.

Barlow Family said...

Tell Cory that he is in a lot of trouble with me. He is making the rest of us slobs (men) look really bad.
Glad you had a good Mom's Day, you desirve it.


Jeff

Kim said...

Lucky! Those Stories are so Cute! Ilove the flowers!

Kim said...

Lucky! Those Stories are so Cute! Ilove the flowers!