Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sometimes life is not always what you plan


I'm so behind on this sad blog. Everyday I think I'll have time to get caught up and everyday the time gets away from me. Soon, I hope to get things caught up. We've had a kindergarten graduation, birthdays to celebrate, summer fun, but also we spent the last few months (well actually all year) preparing for a big change around here.

We are moving. Like really moving. To Texas in fact. The company Corey works for develops master planned communities and they have two huge communities going in the Houston area. This is something we knew would probably happen and we had just been waiting for things to come together. 

We've taken a few trips there, once with all the kids, to explore the area and look for a house. We really like it there. It's going to be a huge change for us, and while we are sad to be so far away from family, it will be an exciting change too.

We are in the process of buying a house, and if that goes smoothly we will be moving in the next few weeks.

The new house. (Well hopefully) It has grass!! In the front and back. We will actually have to buy a lawn mower. 


While we've known and been preparing for this, it's now all becoming so real. Moving is never easy. We will never be fully prepared to say our goodbyes to the place we've called home for so many years. We will leave a little piece of ourselves in Las Vegas.

1 comment:

Jaime Lynne said...

Congratulations and good luck! I loved Las Vegas and all the people there, I truly did. But life outside of Las Vegas (despite being so far away from family) has been refreshing and much cooler (literally!) I hope your move goes well. Please update us here when you can.