Monday, December 8, 2014

Decking the Halls

I was just catching my breath from our Thanksgiving fun, when the kids were already begging to get the Christmas tree out. I figured we might as well just add to the mess we already had going on and pulled out all the Christmas decor. 

The kids got right to work getting the tree decorated. Our poor tree though, it's prelit, but each year more and more lights seem to go out and more and more have to be added. One section has already gone out since we got it decorated. I think I may buying a new one the day after Christmas. The kids still had a great time putting it together though. And my older boys are tall enough that I don't even have to worry about everything only being grouped on the bottom branches.

I love pulling out my nativity every year. This is something we purchased from Bulloch drug store in Cedar City, UT. When Corey was finishing his master's degree, we lived there, in this really old little house, for nine months. Kayden and Carter were just little, Corey had long days, so to get out of the house, I would bundle them up in the stroller and we would walk a lot of places. Bulloch drug was one of the places I found fun to visit. At Christmas they had such fun unique stuff and Corey and I both really liked this Nativity. Every year when I pull it out, it reminds of our time spent living there. My kids all love it too. A little too much in fact, Mary's poor head has been glued back on more than once. 


I love having a big front porch too. I just gave my bench a little makeover and it makes it even more fun out there. Well a lot better, since before you had to worry about the poor thing giving you slivers, but now it's safe to sit on.

December also brings the arrival of our elf, William. The girls were so excited for him to arrive. He usually just finds a new place to hide each night and keep watch in our house, but once in awhile he has a little fun. The girls just love trying to find him each morning.

2 comments:

grandma race said...

Bench looks great as well as the other decor.

Chelsey said...

I love the beads. I've been wanting to buy some just like it. You always have such good decorations.