Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween Month

We welcomed the month of October by doing a little decorating around the house. I actually really wasn't feeling like decorating at all. Renting has kind of sucked away my decorating desire, but Emery wanted to get the decorations out so I just decorated a couple of spots, the mantle and the front entry table, and she was happy with that so I called it good. We did get some pumpkins for the front porch too.


 There is a pumpkin patch right at the corner of where the younger kids school is and Emery has begged everyday to go since they set it up. Hailey went there on a field trip last week too, so that only made Emery's begging become more intense. They were out of school last Thursday and Friday, so I finally relented and took them over for the morning. They had a good time and it was great weather to get out and enjoy their day off. 
After the pumpkin patch, we went to lunch and then to the grocery store to buy some pumpkins for them to paint. The girls spent the rest of the afternoon working on their masterpieces. Brendan decided he wanted to carve his. Corey was nice enough to help him the next day with that. Although he didn't want to clean it out, so Hailey did the dirty work for him. 

The girls and I also attended their school fall festival where they were able to wear their costumes and walk through the parking lot for a trunk or treat. They also had a lot of fun games, bounce houses, and hampster balls. 

Then on Halloween night, we were excited to work our way through our new neighborhood. Many of the houses had been decorated all month so we knew it was going to be good. 

 Kayden opted out of dressing up this year, but stayed behind to hand out the candy. Carter dressed up as a nerd, Brendan wanted to dress up as a youtuber, Hailey a werewolf, and Emery was Elsa. 

I only got good pictures of the girls, everyone else was out the door too fast.
The neighborhood proved to be a great spot. There was even one house with a haunted house set up inside for the kids. Carter had invited a couple of his friends to come with him and they came home with five pounds of candy each. It was a little crazy. The younger kids only made through half of the houses before they were ready to come home and complaining about their candy bags being too heavy. 

All in all a great month with a lot of fun stuff to remember. Now I just have to make a lot of candy "disappear" around here as we get ready for a new month.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the werewolf.

Unknown said...

I really like the werewolf.

grandma race said...

It sounds like they really partied themselves out! Great Halloween activities. The costumes are great!

Unknown said...

Miss those kids. Looking forward to seeing them this month.