Monday, September 1, 2014

The start of a new school year

The kids just finished their first week of school. They all had a good week. They were all pretty nervous though, starting new schools made them that way. 

Kayden and Carter are at the same high school together. There first day started pretty early with seminary. That has been an adjustment for sure. Getting up is not something we have been doing all summer. We certainly loved sleeping in and have had a hard time giving that up. They were in a hurry to get out the door and gave me only a second to snap a picture.
 
Kayden
10th Grade- Sophmore

 Carter
9th grade-freshman

 I kept the younger kids in their same charter school. I just transferred campuses to a brand new campus that was just built conveniently 5 minutes from our house.

Brendan couldn't have been more thrilled his first day.
 Emery was more than ready to go. It was a little emotional for me sending my youngest off to school, but she has loved it so far.

 Emery
 Kindergarten

 
 Hailey
3rd grade


Brendan
5th grade
Thankfully by the end of the week, he was a little more happy about going. I guess I should have waited to take his picture on his 3rd day of school.

We are looking forward to another good school year.

2 comments:

grandma race said...

it was great to see them this week-end. They are growing so fast.

Jaime Lynne said...

I don't believe you have two high schoolers. It is impossible. :) Happy back to school.