Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bring on Summer

A friend of mine, in our ward, had a great idea to bring on our summer. We decided to tell the kids we were going to get together and have a picnic and celebrate the last day of school. They didn't know we were actually planning a water balloon ambush.

When we all got to the park, we told the kids we wanted to take a group picture of them. While they were getting together and turned towards the camera, we ambushed them from behind. They were in total shock and it took them all a minute to realize what was going on. Once they realized it however the water fight was on. We all left soaked, except the older boys somehow avoided most of it. I guess water balloon ambushes are not for teenagers. Or at least not when you are the only teenagers there.

It was the best way to start our summer off. Even if the older boys were less than impressed. They did get subway out of it though so all ended well.





The down side is that I don't think I could ever pull it off again. They may be suspicious of any picnic we ever have again.

I have been thinking though that I should just randomly ambush them throughout the summer. Mostly for my own enjoyment and to break up the boredom.

1 comment:

Jaime Lynne said...

Cool moms! What a fun idea.