Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mother's Day tea

Emery had a Mother's Day tea party at her preschool. She had brought me an invitation and was so excited for weeks before. I heard singing the songs they were practicing at school and she talked about how she was going to serve me lemonade (not tea, she made that quite clear). She was so excited for the day to come. 

When I arrived, she greeted me at the door and led me to a table. She then served me my lemonade (she refilled it many times because she was enjoying it too) and a plate of delicious food. She was so excited she was almost shaking. It was too fun.


Then she brought me my first gift she had worked on. A book she made about me. 
Mrs. Tate asked them questions about their mom and wrote down their responses. I love that kind of thing. Although Emery said I was 86 years old, but she did know that my favorite food is cereal so I guess I'll forgive her for aging me. And apparently my favorite sport is soccer. Too funny since we really don't have anything to do with that sport around here, nor did I ever play it. But there is no doubt that the girl loves to go out to lunch. She asks everyday.

The kids then sang some songs for us.

Then her teacher asked each child what they loved about their mother then they presented us with a bracelet and flower. 

 It was such a fun morning to spend with her. I know my days are numbered having a little one that gets so excited to do these things, so I really soaked it all in. We also just love her teacher. She has spent so much time doing so many fun things this year and just loves Emery too. Emery has come leaps and bounds this year and has learned so much. We have been so lucky to have her in Mrs. Tate's preschool. It's going to be hard to have the year over and say goodbye.

4 comments:

grandma race said...

How fun! I hate to see her grow so fast also. Cute pictures! You can tell she was excited!

Unknown said...

Those are the most precious times. At 86 you won't have too many more of them.

Unknown said...

Those are the most precious times. At 86 you won't have too many more of them.

Chelsey said...

I can't believe how much she looked like Hailey in one of those pictures! I think sometimes my kids think I'm 86 too.