One of the best things about Emery's preschool is all the fun field trips she has been able to go on. Surprisingly one of the funnest was a trip to Albertson's, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise because Emery loves the grocery store, but the people there made it so much fun for the kids. They taught them about foods they should always eat and some that they should only eat sometimes. We toured each department and got all kinds of goodies along the way.
We started out with a little tour of the deli department then went to the bakery department. We watched cupcakes being decorated while eating samples.
Then we moved onto the meat department and go a close look at a crab.
And of course who doesn't want to hold a crab leg? Well, I don't, but 4 year olds do.
Then we took a little break. A snack was next in the break room.
Then each child got a turn at the checkout. That was the best. A dream come true for Emery.
We ended our tour with hot chocolate from Starbucks, some pictures with our great tour guides, and left with goodie bags to take home.
Tator-Tots Preschool Field trip
Albertson's Grocery Store
March 13, 2014
3 comments:
Looks like she had a great time
I would never think of the grocery store as a field trip location, but it's genius. I think you've found a great preschool for Emery.
Post a Comment