Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Around Here

 1. My car companion. Emery is not quite as attached to her dog as she used to be, but there are some days she still needs him. One preschool day she agreed to leave him in the car with me as long as I took care of him. I'm going to miss it when he is not such a presence in our life.

2. The weather here has been really good lately. I had to deliver some stuff to a friend for a Young Women's activity. I decided to take the girls and walk there. It was too nice of a day to not enjoy it. 

3. Bubble baths are the best.

4. Emery was upset with me one day. She had really been a pill and had to spend some time in her room. She drew a picture of me, while she was doing her time, with an "X" over me. She was clearly stating I was not allowed in. 

 5. I recently changed the shower curtain, rug, and hung a new wreath in the downstairs bathroom. I love the change. 

6. Meredith, Bionicles, and Barbie all play well together in the Barbie house around here.

7. My little dancer. We are still doing a dance class once a week, while Hailey does gymnastics, and she just loves it. 

8. Another showing of Frozen. It's better to watch it when you are dressed up. That first week we bought it, I'm sure she watched it daily. It's actually one of the few movies she will watch the whole way through. Although if the kids are all home when it's playing, they will all sit and watch it, including the older boys.

9. Brendan had strep throat and was home from school for a few days. Emery loved having the company and the excuse to stay in her pajamas. Brendan was good to put up with her. Most of the time anyway.

10. Kayden came home from a Young Men's activity with a home grown cucumber. It was HUGE and he couldn't eat it all. Later I found it wrapped up in the fridge with this note attached. Nobody touched it.

11. All my kids love, love ice cream. Emery is the worst though, she literally asks for it several times a day. One day I had told her no because it was almost lunch time. I was cleaning upstairs and she was coloring downstairs. I didn't think anymore about it until we pulled the container out that night and found it like this. Spoon and all. 

12. A friend in the ward had a craft night at her house. I made this fun sign for my stairwell. I love it.

2 comments:

grandma race said...

love the update on the blog. I think I love the ice cream w/ the spoon picture the best.

Jaime Lynne said...

Bravo! You blogged again. Encore. Encore.

That sign on Emery's door KILLS me. Too funny!