Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ditto to previous title/ long post

Just like the title from my previous post, life is getting away from me. I just never seem to have enough time in the day to get it all done. I have had intentions every night to sit down and blog and then I am just too tired or trying to finish up stuff that needed to be done earlier in the day.
 
I am still in the middle of planning our stake cub scout day camp and then, just for more fun, I was just put into the Young Women's presidency. I am really excited about it, it will be a lot of fun, but I am still trying to get everything together and figure out what in the world I am doing.  With Corey also in a presidency, life gets a little busy. My list of stuff to get done is somehow growing. 

My kids were out of school for two days and I figured I would surely get a blog post in then, but for the last two days, I have been sick with a sore throat, fever, chills, and all over body aches. Corey has had it too and even poor Emery was down with me yesterday.  That put everything on hold and really put a damper on the days off. We only managed to go get icees. I think we are on the mend now. Thank goodness because we had the scout blue and gold banquet and young women's new beginnings that both were tonight. We can't be kept down for long because we have too much going on to be bothered with illness. 

About a month ago, my trusty old cellphone bit the dust. I upgraded to a smartphone. I was hesitant because I really didn't want to pay for it. I really only wanted one for the camera and to get occasional directions. But I have loved it. But it's another reason I haven't blogged. I have been taking pictures on it, but hadn't figured out how to get them on the computer. Corey helped me out and here is what I pulled from it. It's a little bit of what's been going on. 

1. Cute girls 2. Emery doing her brother's chores 3. McDonald's ice cream cones, reward for good grades. 4.Emery fashion 5. More Emery fashion/ cowgirl 6. Keeping Brendan entertained for a follow up dr. visit
7. Poor dog, my only way to keep Emery in line is to take it away 8. Stealing morning kisses 9. Pilow piles


Carter has been playing Young Men's basketball. They get beat every time. Kinda sad, but they sure try 
hard.
He is exhausted at the end of a game. They don't usually have enough boys for subs so he plays most of the game and this is after his hour of swim practice.

Hailey also had a date night with Corey. They went to the school Daddy/ Daughter dance. She loved it last year and was just as excited this year. 

Now we are caught up again, I think, hopefully I can't keep up a little better. One can only hope.

2 comments:

Unguren said...

I was leery to get a smart phone too...but I really love mine. I had the same problem with photos. What works best for me is and app called Bump. You download it onto your phone and then when you want to send pictures to your PC you just go through the Bump app. The web address for your computer is https://bu.mp
You just bump your phone on the space bar and the files transfer over. It is actually very easy and handy!

Jaime Lynne said...

I adore you, Lindsey. And I love that you finally got a smart phone.