Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The celebration

I thought a good way to celebrate Kayden's birthday, and the end of winter break, would be to make a trip to Flip-n-Out. The kids have been begging to make a return visit there since the first time we went a couple of months ago.

It's such a great place because they all enjoy it. I always struggle with that now that I seem to have old and young ones. So I love a place that makes everyone happy.



 No matter the age though, it wears you out!
 It was a great way to kill time too. Kayden was anxious to open presents. Also the kids knew my parents were coming to visit that day and their arrival couldn't come soon enough. 

Although Emery had a weird way of welcoming my mom. 


 Kayden did get to his presents which included a new bike. We had to go pick that out the next day though since we needed him to test the size. He has grown like a weed and kind of looked like a clown riding his old bike.


 We ended the night with his request of yellow cupcakes with blue frosting and sprinkles. 

We had a good weekend. I shopped with my mom, we went out to eat, Kayden was ordained a teacher, and Corey was put in the Elder's quorum presidency. We packed a lot in, had fun, and were glad my parents were able to enjoy it with us.

3 comments:

Janette said...

Love seeing your pics and hearing of your adventures! Love you all! Janette

grandma race said...

We finally got the new address to work. I love my picture. Thanks for letting us come last week-end to celebrate Kayden's B-Day!

Jaime Lynne said...

Looks like a celebration worthy of great kid. Flip in Out looks like a blast, except I want to see a pic of you and Corey jumping around on the toys!