My lack of blogging around here is a little embarrassing. I know it's bad when my father in law calls and says he's a little disappointed in the lack of content. We will have to hide our faces from the shame.
What can I say? It's summer and there are many reasons, but too many good excuses. The kids are always lined up for their turn on the computer and then after they are given turns the computer always seems to have problems. Crazy how that happens. I have also been terrible about taking pictures and there just hasn't been much to take pictures of. How many pictures can I take of us swimming?!
We really have been homebodies this summer and it seems when we aren't at home swimming, we have had a bunch of doctor appointments. Just not very exciting photo opportunities.
Speaking of doctor appointments, Hailey has been 3 times. She just kept getting an infection in that gland in her neck. Its like the 5th time she has ended up with a lump the size of a golf ball there. But after 2 appointments with a ENT doctor I think we have finally got it taken care of and is she is back to enjoying a normal neck size.
I have been 2 times to a foot and ankle doctor. I was tired of feeling like an 80 year old women since they just were not healing. The doctor decided to just inject them and man it's made a big difference.
And the boys and Emery had their yearly physicals and required shots. Everyone is good. It just takes a lot of trips to get it all in.
Carter did cause us a little drama last week though. With their physicals, the doctor recommended that Carter and Kayden have their blood drawn for routine tests. I took them to the lab, they took both boys back at the same time, but stuck Carter first. He was a little worried about it and really doesn't like the sight of blood. They had a little trouble getting his, I am sure because he was so tense. Once they got it he got up and came right back out to the waiting room so he didn't have to watch Kayden get his done. As soon as he sat he said he was feeling sick and might throw up so I had him step outside. I turn around to check on the other kids, and when I turned back to Carter, who was leaning over a railing, I could tell his legs were buckling and he was pale as a ghost. I caught him and dragged him to the car, turned the air on, and gave him some water. In the meantime, Kayden was getting his blood drawn without any problem. I gathered them all up, drove and got some OJ for Carter and all was well. Sheesh that kid, next time we will have to be more prepared to deal with his queasiness. Everything worked out though, they are fine and I sent them both off to scout camp this morning.
So there you have it, just simply boring around here. But we only have one more week to enjoy this boring lazy schedule so we better make the most of it. And we certainly don't want to spend any more of it at a doctor appointment.
1 comment:
I guess the medical professions are out for him :) Of course, maybe not Brad's fainted.
Post a Comment