Our favorite smoothie
This smoothie has been a staple around our house all summer. We have made it just about everyday with lunch. With school starting, my kids have requested that we make it as their after school snack. I love that they love it and drink it right up. I drink it up too, I really love this combo. Smoothies are always such a good way to get those fruits and veggies in especially when they just don't eat them otherwise.
There are many recipes and combos out there, but this my kids favorite and it's what we stick with.
Spinach
Frozen strawberries, peaches, mangos, and pineapple
(sam's club sells this blend together, my kids are just not big on blueberries, raspberries, etc so this works best for us)
Vanilla yogurt
Water
Strawberry-tangerine crystal light packet-
( I just buy the target brand of this)
(this is a trick from a friend, it just sweetens it a little more and covers any spinach taste.)
We just throw it all in the Ninja- if we want it thicker we use less water or more fruit. I would make enough to fill the whole pitcher and there was never any left.

2 comments:
Mmmm...I'll have to try it. I love smoothies.
What do you think of your Ninja? I want a Ninja but Robert wants a Vitamix or a Blendtec. I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars on a blender.
Post a Comment