Wednesday is usually my cleaning day. I have been trying to get the girls involved with me, but they would much rather jump on my bed. As soon as they notice the sheets are off, it becomes their favorite place.
Emery does pitch and do her share though.
Hailey says some of the funniest things, but there is one little story I have been meaning to write down because it's worth remembering.
She is totally smitten by a boy in her class. She would come home and talk, and talk all about him. I finally got her tell me his name. She told me his name was Nick Daniel. I have been in to help out some in her classroom and that name just didn't sound familiar. Then one day when I was picking her up the kids all had hats on with their names written on them. She pointed out her "boyfriend" and his hat said Nathaniel. I corrected her about his name and she was so embarrassed, but I just thought it was so funny. She still talks about him all time and even said today that she wished she lived with him. I am a little worried. I guess, at least now, she knows his name.
We went to Carter's end of football season banquet the other night. He had a good time seeing everybody and was so excited to get his trophy even though he tried to play it cool. I am so proud of him for making it through the season, it was so much fun and really taught him to work through something tough.
Emery has not been napping consistently around here. She still needs a nap, but sometimes just parties in her bed instead of going to sleep. I am not ready for her to give it up, I still need that time and most days that she skips result in her crashing somewhere. I don't like this stage.
And just for fun. I saw this idea on Pinterest, of course. I thought it was such a good way to show and corral all that fun artwork the kids bring home. I hung these clipboards up in the toy room and I have somewhere to put it all besides the fridge. Now we just need the Christmas projects to start coming to replace the Thanksgiving ones.
4 comments:
Those clipboards are a really good idea. I heard pinterest is great but I'm afraid it will suck all my time and I have so little right now as it is.
Brilliant. I was going to buy a big cork board to put the kids things on but I think they are so ugly. Lindsey to the rescue. You have saved me from an ugly cork board incident. My thanks go out to you.
Jaedyn's trying to get out of her naps too, and I'm sooo not ready for that either!
If things don't work out with emery and the nap thing, I will take her during nap time and put her to work on chores. :)
Post a Comment