This year we spent Thanksgiving weekend with my parents. My family is pretty spread out so not everyone could make it, we missed my sister, younger brother, and their families, but we managed to have a pretty good time with my older brother, his wife and their cute boys.
My dad always cooks an amazing meal, but I realized too late that I didn't take a single picture of us enjoying it. The only thing that was documented was the dirty tablecloth left behind. (Too bad the mess was made by my brother and his wife Connie, we can't even blame the kids. Remind me that if I have them to dinner to give them some extra napkins)
We did spend some time playing outside. It was a nice day and the kids took advantage of it.
![]() |
| I guess you can't ride the kettle cars without making faces. They are just so much fun, I guess you just can't help it. |
| Aunt Connie is always fun to play with too. |
| What's Thanksgiving without a little football? |
And of course, desserts were enjoyed. Connie and Corey both made some delicious pies, but my favorite is always pumpkin cake that my mom makes for me. Just for me, I know.
My mom and I did a little shopping, but we didn't venture out until Saturday after the craziness died down.
We ended the weekend with a drive to see some Christmas lights and then went for ice cream.
The girls especially loved it. However, Emery probably would have been content to just do this all weekend...
She doesn't let her Grandpa out of her sight and has already asked for him at least 100 times since we left.
The weekend seemed to go by way too fast, but we really had a great Thanksgiving weekend and are thankful for such great family to spend it with.

1 comment:
Kettle cars? We call them wiggle cars. Either way, they are tons of fun.
Post a Comment