Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Trying to catch our breath!!


Emery Barlow

June 26, 2009

8 lbs. 2 oz.

20 in.

The last 5 days have been a whirlwind for us. Our baby made her entrance into the world last Friday. I went to bed the night before thinking that my induction was off because the hospital was too full. I got a call at 1:30 in the morning from the hospital telling me to be there at 3:00 and they could get things going. Things went really well. My doctor was well aware of my history of having fast labors, he was at another hospital for a delivery, so he had things going really slow for me in order for him to time things correctly so he would make it in time. Corey kept telling me that the labor was longer than my first 2 combined. I was in labor for a whole 5 hours. ( I know, sad). I decided to get my epidural when I was dialted to about a 7, just before they broke my water, cause I knew I would start to feel it then. My doctor was on his way, but less than 15 minutes later I was ready to deliver and my doctor wasn't there. They capped off my epidural so that I could not feel a thing in order to stall. He got there just in time. I pushed 3 times ( at least I think I did, I was so numb) and she was delivered.

Recovery was going really well. We came home on Saturday night. I took Emery to the pediatrician on Monday and she was starting to look a little yellow. Most of my babies have been for the first few days, so I wasn't really worried. But the doctor said we better get it checked. We went and had the labwork done then got home and had just sat down to dinner when the phone rang. The doctor said I needed to take her to the hospital to be admitted. I was shocked. She had to be put under lights and recieve IV fluids for the next day and a half. She responded really well and the count was down enough that we were able to come home last night. She looks a lot better today and is doing well, we will have to keep a eye on her for the next little while, but I think she will be just fine.

It has been a rough week. Thank goodness for family that was able to come and take care of the kids so that I could just focus on the baby. I really hope I don't have to see another hospital room for awhile, but am so glad she is doing well. She is such a sweet baby and is such a blessing. We love her full head of dark hair and she has such good kissing cheeks. There is just nothing better than that, even at 3 in the morning.

14 comments:

Lara said...

Yay some pictures!! I was waiting to see when you would post some. She is adorable Lindsey! Congrats to your family and I am glad things have worked out ok and that she is home. Can't wait to see her!

Kati said...

I'm glad everything went good...she's really cute! Congrats!

Samantha said...

YAY LINDSEY!!! I hadn't heard yet that you had your baby! Oh she is so cute and I'm so glad everything went okay and that she's out of the hospital now. YAY FOR BABIES!!!

Katie said...

I LOVE her hair! Brunettes always have more fun! I'm glad y'all are doing well! Super Congrats!

Melissa said...

Wow, so glad she is doing better. My kids all had jaundice too, Brayden almost did have to go back into the hospital, but both were just under the lights at home for longer then I would have liked. Glad everyone is good!!! She is a doll!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Rebecca said...

I don't know what I like better - the full head of hair or the headband you have on her!

Sounds like you've had quite a week. Glad to know that things are slowing down and going well. She's very cute. Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! She is so cute and I am jealous of the way her hair sits on her head so nicely :) I am glad everything is going good now, and hopefully you will get to rest a bit more! Congratulations again!

The Ashby Family said...

Congratulations, she's beautiful!

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

Holy cow she looks like Hailey in the right side picture, but then Brendan in the left. Definitely a Barlow I would say.
Love the hair...so cute. Glad she's home now and doing better.

Samantha said...

Congrats Lindsey!!

Heidi said...

Kindsey and Cory< Congrats on your beautiful daughter! I love all that thick dark hair (I always wanteds one with that much)I also love that you named her Emery!!! I know that it may be awhile before we see her, but I look forward to it!!!

Heidi said...

ok so I really cant type I really ment Lindsey!!! My baby was just trying to help me!!

pdsuwrati said...

We are happy for you. What a deal to have such a great family.

Grandma Keeler holding our beautiful new granddaghter