Friday, February 13, 2009

Yearly Getaway

(how official are we-with T-shirts and everything)
Back in the day, when my sister lived in town, she had a group of friends that met regularly to scrapbook. I got to tag along once in awhile with her. Well, they decided it would be nice to make it a weekend getaway. They arranged for the conference room, with discount room rates, at the Holiday Inn in St. George. The first year we went there were about 30 people. Well, this year was the third year and there were 80 some people.

I look forward to it every year. My sister flies into town, and we set off for a weekend without our kids, late nights, too much junk food, shopping, and just a lot of fun. It's really the only time I get to spend with her and I really enjoy it. There are fun giveaways, discounts at Pebbles in my Pocket and Roberts Crafts, and whole lot of entertainment.

I'm actually kind of sad that it's already over with and I have to wait another year for it again. Although next year I'm sure I won't be nearly as productive with a baby in tow!!
(just some proof that I really did manage to get something done)

3 comments:

Katie said...

They grow up so fast. That's why your scrapbook events are so much fun-you get to reflect on how little they were.

thecustercrew said...

It is so nice to be able to get away and do something for yourself every now and then. Good for you!!!

Jaime Lynne said...

80 people!?! All scrapping together?! What a wonderful place. Sounds like heaven. Glad you had fun.